Like most mommies, I was super anxious for the days leading up to our weekend road trip. I envisioned worst case scenarios (like I always do) and being stuck with a screaming baby and a whining toddler in the car. To much of my surprise, my little love bugs did extraordinarily well. We left Vegas at 10:40am on Friday morning. We stopped at Barstow at about 12:30pm for lunch (at that time I also fed Keira) and hit the road again, finally making it to our destination at about 3:00pm (we caught some of that afternoon California traffic).
The girls had an amazing time. I think it was so surreal for Mila to finally be at Legoland after constantly watching videos of Ryan from Ryan’s Toys Reviews at Legoland. It was so fun to see her reaction to all the attractions and it felt nice for her to have so much fun since she’s been having to share the spot light with her baby sister so much these days.
The ride back on Sunday was just as smooth, Keira even waited for the rest stop at Eddie world to poop and only cried for about 5 minutes on the car ride back. And can I just stop and say that Eddie World is an amazing rest stop?! It’s so clean and great for the kids. If you are ever driving through California heading to Vegas, you should definitely make a stop.
Here are some essentials that worked for me on this specific trip:
- Snacks — this is an obvious one
- Blankets (Used it to block the sun outta there eyes when my sun shade on the windows wasn’t enough)
- Disposable Baggies for Trash and Diapers
- Mess-Free Coloring in the car it was nice to let Mila get a break from her iPad and do an activity that didn’t make a mess in the car
- Car adapter ipad chargers